A People’s History of the United States is a 1980 non-fiction book by late American historian and political scientist Howard Zinn. In the book, Zinn seeks to present American history through the eyes of the common people rather than political and economic elites. A People’s History has become a major success and was a runner-up in 1980 for the National Book Award. It has been adopted for reading in some high schools and colleges across the United States and has been frequently revised, with the most recent edition covering events through 2005. In 2003, Zinn was awarded the Prix des Amis du Monde Diplomatique for the French version of this book, Une histoire populaire des Etats-Unis. Over one million copies have been sold.
In a 1998 interview, Zinn said he had set “quiet revolution” as his goal for writing A People’s History. “Not a revolution in the classical sense of a seizure of power, but rather from people beginning to take power from within the institutions. In the workplace, the workers would take power to control the conditions of their lives.” In 2004, Zinn edited a primary source companion volume with Anthony Arnove, titled Voices of a People’s History of the United States.
The book is used as a textbook in some classes in the AP US History program throughout the United States.[Reference: WIKIPEDIA]
Incoming search terms:
- a peoples history of the united states ePub (8)
- a peoples history of the united state epub (3)
- a peoples history of the us by howard zinn ebook (2)
- a peoples history of the united states ebook (2)
- howard zinn a peoples history free ebook (2)
- the peoples history of thr united states howard zinn epub (1)
- the history of the a peoples history of the united states howard zinn epub download (1)
- zinn howard A people\s history of the united States download (1)
- people\s history of the united states ebook (1)
- Peoples History Of The United States Howard Zinn pdf download (1)